Hello All,

I seem to have missed the question Arthur is replying to about directly
converting Audible files to MP3s.  However, if you want to do this you can try
a program called Macsome Audiobook Converter from:
http://www.macsome.com
This is not a freeware program; it costs $34.95.  They now have a Windows
version of their program in addition to their Mac version, although I think
Windows users have been able to use a program called SoundTaxi.  Note that you
must be able to legally play your Audible files in iTunes in order to use this
software; it saves you from going through the steps of writing out to CD and
ripping back to MP3. I haven't used this program myself, although I know others
have.

This subject is different from Jim's original questions about Audiobook
Builder, which I believe he is using to construct single, chapterized
audiobooks from either MP3 files or from audiobook CDs without DRM.
Accordingly, I've changed the subject line.

I'll also point out that the Macsome site has some free audio tools such as
AudioSplitter and AudioEditor.  I picked up the reference to this site in a
post Rossy made a couple of years ago about using audio editing tools to extend
the scripts that the Italian VoiceOver user group created for text to speech
audio files.  For more information on those, see the English version of their
script pages at:
http://www.universalaccess.it/script-english/

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther