Hi,

Actually, the MacBook essentially does not come in three flavours anymore. The
MacBook is no longer being supported, at least not officially by Apple. You can
get them with educational pricing, at least where I live, but not without the
educational discount. The MacBook Pro and MacBook Air are still supported,
however, so those are the ones you'd want to pick up if you plan to get one.
This doesn't mean that any authorised reseller in your country will not have
any of these models in stuck, whether it's the white plastic MacBook or the
aluminum one, since the aluminium MacBook was adopted into the MacBook Pro
line. The reason that a lot of people think I had the white plastic MacBook and
are not aware of the aluminium model is because it was released back in 2008
without a firewire port, and was adopted into the MacBook Pro line and
discontinued as a MacBook when it received a Firewire upgrade. Consequentially,
Apple didn't make another MacBook model until 2009 which retained
  the unibody design  but came in plastic.

Essentially, it does come in three flavours, but you're going to have to rely
on either educational pricing or a local reseller. That's the bottom line. It
was quietly discontinued, and I didn't see any announcements about it. It just
quietly went away. The sensible choices now are the MacBook Air or the MacBook
Pro if you want to go for a laptop.

Regards,
Nicolai