Greetings Diane,

I too am totally blind, but consider Soundhound to be very voiceover friendly.
There are a few unlabeled buttons, which in my experience don't preclude the
ability to fully exploit all features of interest to me.

I understand your frustration with the developers response (kind of analogous
to the 1980s vintage office sign reading: "the beatings will continue until
employee morale improves), but to be honest, I had the identical question upon
reading your post.  Perhaps if I try a different approach?

1. Can you verify that you're using the current version of SoundHound?

2. Is it the free or paid version (this probably doesn't affect the interface)?

3. Are you using the current IOS public release (5.1.1)?

4. What happens when you launch SoundHound -- is all text unreadable, and you
see no discernible buttons?

5. If so, try using the "back" button in the upper left hand corner until
you're on the home screen where all buttons are clearly labeled without any
need for the "label element" ( two finger double tap and hold) gesture.  If you
cannot locate a back button, try the scrub gesture which is supported
throughout the app).

One of the available settings is to have SoundHound listen for music on
startup, but for me, this screen is very clearly presented via VoiceOver.  I
can't imagine where you might be landing.

Please let us know how you're getting on, and perhaps the list can be of more
help if we know a bit more about where you're getting stuck.

Best regards,
Geoff