From: mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net
[mailto:mac-access-boun...@mac-access.net] On Behalf Of Esther
Sent: Sunday, 22 July 2012 3:13 PM
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: changing tab group in java preferences using Voiceover

Hi Paula,

Hang on there.  I now remember that there are some accessibility issues in
navigating Java Preferences.  I reported this to Apple the last time I had
to look here.  You're going to have to use your trackpad to move to the
radio button for network and click it.  Set up VoiceOver Utility (VO-F8) so
you get announcements of what's under the mouse by going to "Verbosity"
(Command-2), then navigate to the "Announcements" tab and select it with
VO-Space. Navigate to the check box for "Speak text under mouse after delay"
and check it (VO-Space).  Then Right arrow (with Quick Nav on) or VO-Right
arrow to the slider for the delay time, interact, and set it to the minimum
(0 seconds).  You can close the VoiceOver Utility window with Command-W
after that.

In Java preferences, navigate to the "Enable applet plug-in and Web Start
applications check box" and then route your mouse cursor to your VoiceOver
cursor (VO-Command-F5).  I'm assuming that you don't have your cursors
tracking. Now move your hand vertically down from the right side of the
keyboard so that your fingers rest on the middle of the flat section of the
laptop below the arrow keys, and then move left to the right edge of your
TrackPad.  When you touch the edge of the TrackPad you want to use that as a
guide to move your finger vertically up the TrackPad. When you hear
"Network, radio button" click down on your TrackPad.

Once you're actually in the Network tab you can navigate through the
elements.  We used the verbosity settings so that VoiceOver would tell you
when the radio button for the Network tab was under your mouse, even when we
couldn't navigate there with the VoiceOver keyboard shortcuts.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther

> On Jul 21, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Paula Hobley wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>

>> Can somebody please tell me how to change the tab group in java
> preferences?
>> I am stuck on general and can't figure out how to get to network.
>>

>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>

>> Cheers
>>

>> Paula

The Mac-Access mailing list is guaranteed malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free!

Please remember to update your membership options periodically by visiting