I already tried this and it did not work. This from a clean install, twice.

Yeah the hiding purchases thing works, but I want to install the apps lol! or
at least some of them and I sort of can't.

I'm hoping apple will fix this as i will not be able to use evernote until they
fix tis. Yes I could migrate but not all of us have a back up  drive to migrate
to or they might be installing ml on a clean drive. I will keep these
instructions in mind in case my app store ever goes poof.

Take care all and hope this gets fixed.