Hi Geoff

If you look around the dick utility tabs, you'll see a "Partition" tab.  There
is an "Options" button just before the two cancel and "OK" buttons.  Pressing
that will bring up a table of different partition types.  In that table just
select the "Guide" partition type radio button and click OK.  Then, click
"Apply" and then click "Partition".  Your partition will then be created.

Gordon