Hi Phil,

You can download a trial version of Splasm Software's Checkbook Pro at their
web site.  If you like it, buy the Mac App Store version for $19.99 (20% off
their regular price of $24.99 as part of a back-to-school sale that started the
beginning of this week).
Here's their web site URL for the trial download:
http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro/downloads.html

And here's the link to the product at the Mac App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/checkbook-pro/id412490330?mt=12

For other list members, these are the same people who make Audiobook builder
that a number of people use.  Checkbook Pro is supposed to be Mountain Lion
compatible.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther