Hi Gordon, Phil, and Others,

The URL for Tables is:
http://www.x-tables.eu/

This is the application VoiceOver users adopted for spreadsheet use before
Numbers in the iWork suite of applications was made accessible, and there was
user feedback to the developer about VO performance. Many do find this more
intuitive to use in the way that cell positions are referenced.  But the issue
is not that Numbers is less accessible than Tables and can't be used so much as
that you won't find the Numbers referencing scheme familiar to you if you're
coming from Excel.  Tables is fine if you don't use power user functions with
pivot tables, etc. But I bet it hasn't been tested yet or updated for Mountain
Lion.  Just a reminder that this is something that may factor into your current
choices.

Phil and others, I also meant to add there is an online copy of the Help for
Checkbook Pro that you can access and read at the developer's web page:
http://www.splasm.com/support/CheckBook%20Pro%20Help/index.html

This is probably more useful for people who want to learn more about the app
without downloading the trial version.  The back-to-school discount (20% off or
$19.95) runs through September 16.  You can purchase either through the Splasm
web site or through the Mac App Store.  The web site offers a Family Pack
bundle (if you had multiple Macs with different user name accounts wanting to
run the software), but otherwise you might find it more convenient to use the
Mac App Store to purchase.  CheckBook Pro is pretty good, but unfortunately
there's no corresponding  iOS app from Splasm.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther