Hi Paul,

Sarah's correct -- you can't change the name of the app's file, but you can
change the VoiceOver label associated with the icon on the screen.  But it will
only apply locally to your device, and will only last until you next sync or
update your device with a newer version of the application. Locate the icon for
the app you wish to rename, then once focus is on that icon do the two finger
double tap and hold gesture and wait for the tri-tone.  In the text field of
the "Label Element" window, delete the old label for the app name and type in a
new one.  Then flick to the "Save" button and double tap.

Again, this only means that VoiceOver's announcement will be different for this
app.  If you do a Spotlight search you'll still have two apps with the same
name.  It's just that if you flick to one or the other of the apps you'll hear
a different label announced by VoiceOver.

Cheers,

Esther