It depends how complicated you want your bookmarks.
Command D will enable you to add a bookmark to the bookmarks menu easy
enough.
Then vo M or if Using Numpad commander press 8 to bring up the menu bar .
Press B for Bookmarks and then you can navigate the bookmarks menu.  Letter
navigation helps you get quickly to where you want to be .

If you want quick access to up to 10 websites then here the Bookmarks Bar as
opposed to the bookmarks menu is your friend.
Adding bookmarks here will mean that they will simply open with command 1
command 2 command 3 and so on. You do have to remember what site is attached
to each hotkey.

On the other hand  If you want to organise your book marks into several
folders in Safari, this can be done but personally I found it a complicated,
nightmare process and very difficult with multiple interactions and
uninteractions necessary.  Looking at postings from others on this topic
from other lists I am not the only one. I think this is a complex process
for us as the main method Apple recommends is dragging with the mouse. in
the end it was so tortuously complicated slow and cumbersome in Safari I
found it easier to do this in Windows and simply copied a folder of
Favourites organised into folders and stuck it on my IMac.  I then put it on
my Dock for quick access. This work well. I just  open the Dock, press
return on my links folder and then navigate with first letter to the folder
and url I want and then it opens in Safari. Remember that to make a folder
properly accessible on the Doc, you  have to first change its view
properties to list by bringing up the context menu with shift vo m or  the
plus key on numpad commander.
It is the enigma of the Mac, some things are ridiculously easy, some are a
challenge.
I think you can also get good browsing results by using the reading list
capacity as an alternative to bookmarks.  I have not fully explored this
yet.

David Griffith