Hi Paula,

I think that Chris means the third-party apps Type2Phone and iKeyboard can let
you use your Mac as a Bluetooth keyboard for inputting text on your iPhone,
iPod Touch, or iPad. (I don't think there's an app named Mac2Phone.) And
actually Type2Phone should also allow you to control/navigate your iOS device
as well as copy text from Mac to iPhone, provided you turn VoiceOver off on
your Mac, but I've found it a little less stable for this. And the last  time I
checked, iKeyboard had support for more different input language keyboards,
though both will support other languages besides English.

Here are the URLs at the Mac app store:
Type2Phone by Houdah Software $4.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/type2phone/id472717129?mt=12
IKeyboard by Invictus Security $9.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ikeyboard/id441439411?mt=12

There are also discussions of these apps in the list archives, starting from
December of last year.  Here's a link to a post replying to a query about using
the Mac as a Bluetooth keyboard for iOS devices, for example:
Re: Using Mac as Bluetooth keyboard
http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access@mac-access.net/msg08125.html

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther