Hi all

A while ago, somebody on list made an enquiry regarding a data recovery
solution.  As it happens, I have just found myself in a situation where I was
in need of just such a utility.  So my first port of call was the Apple App
Store and, to my very great surprise, I came across a little application called
"Data Recovery Guru".  There are two versions of this application.  One is the
App Store version and the other is the Website version.  The difference is
that, in order that the utility complies with Apple App Store regulations, it
has the facility to scan all of your internal drives or partitions disabled.
This is not the case with the website version.  If you by the App Store
version, then download and install the Website version, you have two licensed
copies.  However, the cost is still the same.  So we elected to simply buy the
Website version and not bother installing the App Store one.  I am currently
evaluating how much data can be recovered by trying to undelete two
 crucial files which I accidentally deleted, then emptied the trash before
realising my mistake.  The application is a little on the expensive side,
priced at $99.00 US Dollars.  But I guess you evaluate its worth by the results
it gives you.  What I have seen so far as it scans makes me think that it is
very thorough and impressive.

The down side is that the volumes and drives table is very nondescript.
Therefore, if you have multiple volumes mounted or multiple drives connected,
(as we have), it isn't possible to know exactly which drive you are scanning.
I guess the best solution would probably be to disconnect all but the volume
where you know your lost data was.  Then, simply do a scan from there.  You can
probably always safely assume that your internal start drive is at the top of
the list at all times.  So if you only have one single volume connected
externally, you're pretty safe to assume where the scan will take place.

Anyway, as I told you, the application is called "Data Guru".  You can read
more about it here:
<http://www.macosxfilerecovery.com>
and, if you have valuable data which you want to recover, give the application
a spin.

<--- Gordon Smith --->

If you wish to contact me privately, please use E-Mail in the first instance,
before you try the below.  Please also observe time differences.  I prefer
telephone calls by prior arrangement where possible.

E-Mail:
<gor...@mac-access.net>

Telephone:

United Kingdom:  Free Phone: