Hi All,

In connection with the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend, when there are sales to start
off the Christmas shopping season, a number of interesting sales have shown up
in the Mac App Store.  These prices look good through the weekend, and may last
through "Cyber Monday".  (No guarantees on that.)

Here are a few of the items I've noted.  All these versions require that your
run Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later:
• ABBYY FineReader Express $49.99 (50% off regular price of $99.99)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abbyy-finereader-express/id412310371?mt=12
• 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet $34.99 (regular price $49.99)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-password-manager/id443987910?mt=12
• Paprika Recipe Manager $9.99 (50% off regular price of $19.99)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paprika-recipe-manager/id451907568?mt=12

Bento - Personal Database is also on sale at $29.99 (vs. regular list price of
$49.99), but given the low ratings since this was updated for Mountain Lion,
and the reports of the constant busy signals when used with VoiceOver under
Mountain Lion, this is probably not recommended.

ABBYY FineReader Express (OCR application) and 1Password have been discussed on
list recently. Paprika Recipe Manager is a relatively new program that I just
got and really like.  The developers did a great job with VoiceOver
accessibility.  Their iOS apps for iPhone and iPad, which are also on sale this
weekend, can be used independently of the Mac version, but I decided to get
this to more easily bulk import my text  versions of recipes and sync to iOS
devices.  You can also import recipes from MacGourmet, Yummy Soup, and other
popular recipe programs to your iOS devices.  Using the desktop version of the
program and the automatic cloud syncing with the iOS apps just seemed a bit
easier than connecting an iPhone and using iTunes sync to bring the recipes
over. If anyone is interested in the details of importing text versions of
recipes, I'll do a later post.  There's a brief description/example of the
format in the Paprika User Guide and you name your text files with  ".yml" file
extensions.  I'll do a separate post on the iOS apps that are on sale.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther

HTH.  Cheers,