Hi Chris,

Pages is a brilliant app isn't it?

1.  In Pages, how do I format a line of text as a heading level 1, 2, 3, etc.

This is a little keyboard-intensive, but the steps to do this are as follows:

1. Once you've got your text, press Command+Shift+T. This opens the styles
drawer.
2. Press VO+Shift+up arrow  until you hear "stop interacting with scroll area"
3. Navigate with VO+left arrow once until you hear "drawer. Interact with the
drawer with VO+Shift+Down Arrow
4.  Navigate down with VO until you hear  "paragraph styles". Interact with
this.
5. You can then use VO+Down Arrow until you come to "Heading 1"
6. Root the mouse pointer to this with VO+Command+F5.
7. Press VO+Space and go down the menu to "Hot key".
8. You can then select one of the "f" keys as your shortcut for the heading.
9. Once you've navigated back to and interacted with the "body" of the
document, find the text you want to make a heading level 1 and press F1.

2.  I have a list of items which I put one item per line.  Now, I want to
select that whole chunk of text, which I've done, but now, what do I need to do
in order to make that into a bulleted list?

Here you go:
1. Bring up the Inspector with Command+Option+I.
2. Navigate to the "Text" tab and activate it with VO+Space.
3. Then navigate to the "list" option and activate this.
4. You'll find a pop-up menu here for bulleted lists. Select the one you want
and you're god to go.

Bare in mind though, that VO will not recognise that the text is in a list. One
of Apple's missed and necessary accessibility improvements for Pages.

Feel free to contact me if I can help further. My Skype is saulky1984, but
please let me know who you are if you'd like to talk with me.
Take care
James