what is this station. sorry never heard of it.

-----Original Message----- From: Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:18 PM
To: Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility
Subject: Re: Sparkle radio via Safari

Hello Paul

The page is entirely HTML and, as such, works fine here. Sometimes in Safari we have found that you need to press enter, rather than VoiceOver+Space to activate links and that isn't restricted to our site. The "Listen" link works fine. Try doing a reload of the page once you've clicked it. Actually, we have found that even the supposedly inaccessible flash player which is a customised in-page element for Sparkle Radio, works fine with VoiceOver's controls. We haven't actually tried the volume settings, but if you use that player all you have to do is hit the "Back" button it the browser and you're out of it. It's worth pointing out that the site is still undergoing work, but the basics are in place.

On that subject, if any member has an audio demo or review which they would like to contribute to our technology show, "Techno Chat", we would love to hear from them. We want that show to be a regular event and to form a large part of the upcoming Sparkle Radio podcast. Oh yes, and we are also working on an iPhone App which will play our station as well, watch this space. Things are really hectic this end, which is why we are finding it a little difficult to stay on top of the group's traffic. It is great to see you all making such good use of the resource, and we think that 2013 is going to be an exciting year for Mac Access and also for Sparkle Radio.

Again, if you have any audio content which you'd like to contribute, either visit the website, <http://www.sparkle-radio.net> or use one of the following email addresses:
supp...@mac-access.net
or:
supp...@sparkle-radio.net

and we'll get back to you. We are also interested in doing Skype chats with anybody who has interesting information or experiences with anything technology-related. Obviously in this group we are talking about Apple-based stuff. But Sparkle Radio's technology show is not limited as such.

We know that there are a lot of people in this group who have interesting stories to tell us. Maybe, for example, yo'd be willing to talk to us about your reasons for going Apple, whether it's iOS or Mac OS. We'd love to hear from anybody, even if they are a beginner, you don't have to be a techno-wizard. After all, I am not a techno-witch and, for some odd reason, I agreed to put in an appearance in the first episode of the programme. Something which, I assure you, I will not burden you all with again unless my life depends upon it and even then, it'll be a last resort! ;-)

Lynne