Hello Chris,

Talking Goggles isn't the appropriate app for identifying a basket of apples.
TapTapSee is much better for that.

Talking Goggles reads text and recognises famous images. So it reads the covers
of books since they can be found on the internet and are always the same. It
also recognised for me the picture of Tower Bridge on a place mat. However, it
won't recognise a dog, for instance. It identified my labrador/golden retriever
lying on a marble-tiled floor as an alp, which was not helpful.

Talking Goggles is totally automated with no human intervention. TapTapSee is a
combination of both.

By the way, did you use Talking Goggles in Video mode? This is by far the best
way for someone totally blind to use it. I also check the light level with the
Light Detector app before using Talking Goggles so that I can decide whether
the flash should be on or off.

Cheers,

Anne