Hi Stuart,

    Depending upon how you are using your phone to scan, I would recommend Text
Grabber plus Translator. The price seems to vary, a friend bought it the other
day and it cost him just under 9 Euros, but I have seen it on offer for half of
that. A word of warning though: Text Grabber is a very good OCR App, but is
tricky to use if scanning free-hand. If, on the other hand, you are using the
StandScan Pro (a collapsable light-box with a 12 volt option) then, because of
the added precision and lighting conditions, Text Grabber is easy to use and
yields excellent results. The interface is simplicity itself. You just position
the phone, turn on the lights of the StandScan Pro, place your document on the
base of the box and double-tap the screen. Text Grabber will do the rest for
you. If you are taking the shots free-hand, then, perhaps, prizmo is the way to
go, but is more involved in its interface. SayText can be really quite good,
but takes longer to process and many people find
  it hard to use free-hand. Saytext can also be used, in manual mode, with the
StandScan Pro.

    Many people like text detective, I have not really played with it much,
because it only seems to take a shot of half the sheet of foolscap at a time
which doesn't work for me.

    There are several other apps, and, as to which is the best will depend upon
if you are going to use the phone free-hand or with a StandScan Pro.

    Good luck and happy scanning,
    Sandy.

Sent from my iPhone