Hi David,

I use Finder's list view in the same manner that Anne and Sarah described to
sort on individual columns such as "Date Modified".  To sort on any particular
column you have to first navigate to that column in the table you've interacted
with. Also, while the sort key shortcut is indeed VO-Shift-backlash for anyone
with an English language input keyboard, this may be another sequence to get
the "vertical line" character (Shift-backslash) in a different input language
keyboard. Remember that applying the sort shortcut each successive time will
reverse the previous sort order of the column.

If you frequently want to visit this folder and always have it sorted in order
of modification, another thing you could do is place it in the dock (select the
folder in Finder and use Command-Shift-T), and have it sorted by date modified.
 You can read a detailed description of how to do this in the list archives:
• Re: Accessing Documents From The Dock
http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access@mac-access.net/msg03806.html

The description was written in reply to someone using Snow Leopard, but it
works the same way in other versions of Mac OS X.  It may be overkill, though.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther