Hello Christian,

You can do everything you mentioned in Pages. You can calculate the position of
any item on the page using the Metrics inspector, and you can create and
manipulate tables. You just have to set Floating in the Wrap inspector while
you work on the table, then set it back to Inline when you're done.

Of course, you need to know the size of the paper you're working with and be
able to do simple maths.

Cheers,

Anne