Hi all and I trust you all had a good weekend.

Garage Band for the beginner is incredibly easy to use, in the basic form you
just press the record button and play your keyboard, even works the same way on
the iPhone.

As far as editing MIDI? I've not had a go at that with Garage Band yet but I'm
wondering perhaps if Reaper might be the solution here.

For example, could the MIDI code be exported from Garage Band and loaded into
Reaper for editing?

I know quite a bit about Reaper as I use it here for mastering live concert
recordings for our local Classical radio station but that's playing about with
wave so I've not done all that much in the way of MIDI stuff.

On 15/07/2013, at 2:43 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would not know as I personally use garage band to ale my music. That poses
> a question though. When will the midi editor be accessible to us. Probably
> never, as I'm not the best key board player and i want to correct my notes,
> or sustain some and or shorten some if I change my mind. I know pro tools can
> do this but again the note editor is not usable to us. There is also band in
> a box but not sure if that does what you would want.
>
> Take care.
> On Jul 14, 2013, at 9:15 AM, Devin Prater <d.pra...@me.com> wrote:
>
>> Well all, I know we have garageband, and its cool and all, and I've tried to
>> wrap my mind around what seems to be amazingly complexities of lillypond,
>> but is there a simpler way to create music for one that has a small, 49-key
>> midi keyboard? I mean, I'd rather work with something like lillypond, but I
>> just can't find a good, simple manual for it. The manual on the site, is
>> just too fast-paced for me, and full of music theory stuff I haven't learned
>> yet. Maybe I should just take more time with it. And, from what I've read it
>> doesn't have much midi support. So is there anything for me, on mac or ios?
>> And the reason I don't use my keyboard much is that I don't have a really
>> good place to have it when playing. I might try some things out later, but
>> for now I just am looking for all that's available.
>> sent from my Mac Mini with iCloud.
>> Devin prater
>> email and iMessage: d.pra...@me.com or r.d.t.pra...@gmail.com
>> Skype:
>> devinprater
>> msn:
>> devinpra...@live.com

>> As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that
>> strategy.  We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something
>> unpredictable happen.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741