And while we're on the Mac calendar, I understand that the computer must be, as it were, officially on, if you want your alerts to actually alert you! Now, on certain little specialized access devices, - such as BrailleNote or VoiceSense, - the machine will go so far as to switch itself on for a diary or a wake-up alarm. I have been told that in order to get the Mac to do something equivalent, it has to be in sleep mode, rather than switched right off. Is that true, - and in any event, how do you put it in sleep mode? I have a MacBook Air, by the way.

Sandy Easton.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda C. Knight" <l...@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "'Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility'" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 3:57 AM
Subject: RE: the calendar on the mac.

Sarah,

Your way is a great way too. I like to put alerts in so while I am on that
event, I do cmd e to edit. And I like the alert choices too. I usually
select Email. I am anxious to see how this works.

Both ways are good.

Thank you and Ben.

Hugs and 73
Linda C. Knight & shirley
CallSign: kk4hrg
Please note email:
l...@tampabay.rr.com

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by visiting the list website at:

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 8756 (20130902) __________

http://www.eset.com