Hi!

I’ve been a user of the Cocktail Maintenance utility for 6 years or so though I
never used it on a regular basis.

I’ve been using Cocktail every day regularly for the last couple of months
using the “Pilot” and the “Daily Script”, I’ve scheduled a time for Cocktail to
run once every day at 1”00 AM and then Cocktail causes the computer to shut
down after maintenance has been completed.

I can honestly say that this maintenance has done wonders for the performance
of my 2011 iMac machine, the computer runs a lot faster loading programmes in
fractions of a second, the longest App to load is Skype and that takes around
half a second.

Thought Id give this a mention as people may wish to try Cocktail or a similar
maintenance utility and see how they get on.

Note that the “Pilot” of Cocktail is fully customisable but do read the help
file before you start poking around in the options or at the very least have a
backup handy <smile>.