Hello Chris,

You can set TextEdit to Wrap to window and all the normal arrow keys work, or
you can use the VO keys, so VO-Down Arrow will read the next line, or you can
use Quick Nav and set it to Line.

With Wrap to page set, the VO commands for next sentence, next Paragraph, and
so on work just fine. Selecting text requires you to use the VO command
VO-Return at the beginning of the selection and the same command at the end.

Changing between Wrap to page and Wrap to window is quick anyway, it’s just
Cmd-Shift-w.

Cheers,

Anne