I bought mainstage and used it to download all six jam packs for GarageBand. I
don't use mainstage itself, but only use the downloaded jam packs in
GarageBand. There's quite a lot there. The initial set up is kind of tricky as
I think mainstage his first screen is somewhat inaccessible. It is silent on
the main on the first download screen, but once you get past it you can
download additional materials i.e. the jam packs through the menu options.
Mainstage puts all the jam packs in the proper folder so you don't have to
worry about it they will be accessible when you open garage band. Of course, I
did all this under the old garage band. But I think it will be the same
situation for the new garage band.

Sent from my IPhone