Hi all
Have you considered either Chrome or Instabrowser as your "second" browser for iOS? Granted you can't make them default browsers but they may work better with VoiceOver. I of course realize this is only a workaround and doesn't solve the current problems and so writing to
accessibil...@apple.com
is encouraged.

Regards Chris
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth!