Hello,

Well dd is not really that bad. If you look at the Rasberry Pie communities
you’ll see what utils are available for writing raw data to SD Cards.

in file equals out file. The SD Card must not be mounted.

dd if=/Downloads/my.img of=/dev/rdisk2 1m

http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup#Flashing_the_SD_card_using_Mac_OSX

On 24 May 2014, at 13:13, Christopher-Mark Gilland
<cgwaxhawlo...@clgproductions.com> wrote:

> So, here's the situation in a nutshell.
>
> I have a .IMG file which is the firmware for a device that I need to flash.
> The only problem is, it's a .IMG file, not an ISO.  And, it's definitely! not
> a DMG.  The documentation states that I need to burn the .IMG file to a micro
> SD card, therefore placing the image on the card, and making it bootable.
> Before any of you who may be fairly basic to intermediate mac users say
> anything about, just hit command+C on the file, move to your SD card, and hit
> command+V to paste, no.  That won't work.  It's not that easy.  I don't need
> the actual .IMG file on the SD card.  If it was that simple, I'd already have
> done it.  No, I can't hit command+O on the file in the Finder, extract its
> contents then copy the contents to the card.  That won't work either.  The
> card has to be bootable, and that method, though it may  get the content
> there won't keep it as such.  I know how to make the card be formatted Fat32,
> and I know how to make the card only have 1 partition.  I also know how to m
> ake that partition active... I... think, all of which are required.  The only
> thing I don't! know how to do is get that darn IMG image extracted/burned for
> lack of better term, to the SD card itself.  I know about the drag and drop
> method of Disk Utility.  I know that works for ISO's, and I also know it
> works for DMG's, obviously, but will it work with IMG's?  If so, then, I
> should be in business.  Yeah, I suppose I could use terminal in combination
> with DD, but that's downright a pain in the kneck to do.  I'll do it if
> there's no other way, but I really don't wanna have to go read man pages to
> figure out how the dd command works if I don't have to.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Chris.

Gena
Georgina Joyce