Ok all, after doing a little further research, here's what I think I've figured
out, and maybe one of you real voiceover pros can help us out, but maybe this
isn't fixable either.
So, here's the deal. I'll give you the good news first. On an iPhone, iPad etc,
you can hit the @ sign and begin typing somebody's name, feel higher on the
screen and you should see a list of people who's names begin with the letters
of the name you're looking for. Select the person you're looking for and
continue with your comment. Don't put a space between the @ and the beginning
letters of the person's name. If you want the last name or middle name or both
gone, then after you select the person from the list, hit the backspace once to
get rid of the last name and twice if the person has a middle and last name
that you wanna get rid of.
Now, for the bad news. The process should be the same for the mac, hit the @
sign and then begin typing a name, and a drop down menu should appear and you
should be able to select the person, hit backspace if you wanna get rid of the
last name, etc. The part that we VO users can't get around is that once you
start typing, no drop down menus seem to appear. I don't think Voiceover is
recognizing the menu, assuming it's there. I'm not sure if it's fixable or not,
but maybe somebody more knowledgable than I can take this info and do something
with it.

Laurel & guide dog Stockard
Scentsy Independent Consultant
https://laurelwheeler.scentsy.us