I put my Documents folder on the Dock but when I open it vo does not read anything. I thought it might have something to do with being in a grid view so I tried to press command 2 to change to list but nothing happened, I just got a sound like I could not do this. Is Documents folder not suitable for putting on Doc?

Eleanor----- Original Message ----- From: <isaac.heb...@gmail.com>
To: "OS X & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: Mac Keyboard Key and Word Echo

I was saying go to voiceover utility.
Next press command 2 to go to verbosity.
Next  vo right arrow to the announcements tab.
Next press vo space bar on the announcements tab.
Next tab to the check box that says announce when modifier key is pressed check box and check it. On Jul 22, 2014, at 3:50 PM, Eleanor Martha Burke <eleanormarthabu...@gmail.com> wrote:

The end of the message is cut off. I did the below but this did not work for me. I want to be able to type in an edit field and hear the key press as I press it. Carrying out the below instructions gave me something like different sounds as the word was being built up, it sort of reminded me of the way children are taught how to read today. I obviously did something to stop this key echo which is very strange. Why would I check a modifier box in any case to produce key echo?
----- Original Message ----- From: <isaac.heb...@gmail.com>