No I said that I did press the fn key  twice to start dictation and to stop
dictation.

I also said that even when you press it twice to start it speak you’re text and
press it twice to stop it.
For me earlier this year it  was working fine but later in the year it didn’t
work.
That is why I was saying it was a dictation bug.
Now since the reinstall of mavericks  I haven’t tried it yet.