I read schematics on the ventilation system and it is located at the hinge
where the monitor is . the place where the top panel ends and the monitor
begins. You can feel the air coming out if you are  paying attention. I tried
no sleep then to and just about panicked when my mac, and others got very very
hot. there's no ware else for that hot air to leave, a flawed design in my
opinion but there it is.

Take care and be blessed.