--- Darren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gregg Eshelman wrote:
> >> --- Darren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <clip>
> >
> >>Finally trying 9.2.1, is 9.2.2 recommended?
> >
> > May as well. It seemed faster to me on my
> 7300/200.
> > But don't try to install the supposedly Mac
> compatable
> > D-Link 530-TX+ PCI 10/100 network card, unless
> > they've done major bug killing in the driver.
>
> More ethernet problems Gregg? Interesting that the
> ethernet extension
> is shown so early in the startup now.

I still haven't put the 7300 back together. Not much
point until I come up with a decent sized SCSI drive.
The D-Link card went into a PC that I sold.

D-Link shouldn't have ever released the driver they
shipped with it, seemed like they just got it from
Realtek and swapped their icon onto it then pulled
the real lame bit of telling people they'd have to
hack it with a resource editor to make it work.

When I get around to rebuilding the 7300, I'll most
likely hunt up a Apple branded 10/100 card for it.
I'd love to find a deal (cheap) on one of those
Orange USB/1394/IDE cards.

I'm still waiting for someone to get creative and
write USB 2.0 drivers for OS9.

=====
It will be total Fandemonium!
Nampa Civic Center, August 5th to August 7th, 2005!
http://www.fandemonium.org