I had one from SunBank wanting me to verify my account and a certain website.
O for sure I am going to do that. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:owner-macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu]On Behalf Of Henri
Yandell
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 8:51 AM
To: macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu
Subject: Re: MacGroup: Spam

Ah, _that_ title :)

Yep, been getting a lot of them. Made more interesting as someone else has
a bit of spam with much the same style that pretends to be a link to
aye.net/juno.com etc but instead goes off to whatever horrible site
they've hidden under the link.

Looks like it's this 'W32.Mydoom.M at mm':

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.mydoom.m at mm.html

After it infects your machine, it then proceeds to use google/yahoo and
other search engines to find out other email addresses on domain names in
your address book, which apparantly caused some problems for the search
engines yesterday.

It's rated as a High threat and (*trumpet play*):

Systems Not Affected:   DOS, Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, UNIX

:)

Hen