From: Rex Baldazo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Aug 17, 2004 11:49 AM
To: macgroup at erdos.math.louisville.edu
Subject: MacGroup: Half-price downloadable music

Real Networks has temporarily slashed the price of music from their
online store, and formally launched the version of RealPlayer that
supports the iPod:

http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5312143.html

I have no idea if this works with the Mac version of RealPlayer, I can
however confirm that it works with the PC version (I use an el-cheapo
Windows PC as my iTunes/iPod machine because it's faster and cheaper
than a low-end iMac would be).  The downside--iTunes has a nasty habit
of removing any music files it finds on the iPod that weren't placed by
iTunes itself.  So it tends to erase the music files you transfer using
RealPlayer.  However you can then just re-copy all the files back over
from RealPlayer.

--- Rex.