Diane,
I went to WWDC last week in San Francisco. That is Apple's World Wide
Developer Conference. They gave a beta copy of Panther to all Developers.
It is not ready for prime time and has not been released by Apple for the
public.
In the keynote, Steve Jobs said it will be released, "by the end of the
year".
And just to tweak the list, we also got free iSights, Apple's new little
video camera.
You can find out more about what Panther will do and the iSight by going to
www.apple.com

BTW, anybody else who has a video camera should be able to use iChatAV
(beta) and it works well with the cable modem.
I am schounregan at mac.com on iChatAV if anyone wants to test it.
I have been testing it since last week with people from all over the world.
Works great!
Schoun