On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Allan Atherton wrote:

> > 3) If the iMac has been asleep overnight... the first character I type
> > disappears...
>
> I don't know, but I turn my machine off at night.

When my laptop goes into sleep mode, I have to hit a key to wake it up.
>From old habits on other platforms, I hit one of the arrow keys as these
are generally non-invasive to whatever application has the focus.

Is that what you are experiencing here? The key you use to wake the iMac
up doesn't get written?

> > I'm beginning to get comfortable enough with OS X to consider switching
> > browsers, unless there is an obvious fix for these idiosyncrasies.
>
> I think your only alternative, since you use web mail, is Netscape. Try it.
> Chimera is just a basic browser.

Safari's big win for me is on my work mail [which I check from home over
the web to work's exchange server]. IE-Mac used to constantly harass me
about the fact that the exchange box does not have a 3rd party SSL key.
Safari mentioned it once, and when I said it was okay it shut up about it.

Hen