Jerry and all,

So far my use of iWork is limited. However I was able to produce the
January issue of Access using it. I was able to import the AppleWorks
"template" (actually a back issue: November's) which I did using AW Draw
module. I converted it to AW Word Processing and imported that. Then I
used cut and paste to clean it up and saved it as a pages template. I
imagine that importing from other platforms (Word) would work as easily.

Now as to actually using Pages. Many of the keyboard commands are
different and I haven't really learned them yet. My initial feeling is
that more steps are required for most actions. Example: If I want to
copy and paste text from a mail message or off  a Web page. Copy and
then three clicks in AW vs 4 in Pages ( I could probably) shorten both
one click.

AW Format in the Menu bar allows you to select and then set various
parameters. In Pages its all done from the inspector window which is
loaded with buttons to allow you to do all, but the window aways seems
to be in my way. I guess it's like Photoshop, you need a large display;
mine is only 15".

And Pages runs slower on my PowerPC G4 than does AW.

I'm sure as I use it more and more I'll find it just as useful as AW
Draw and WP. MAYBE.

I haven't found anything I can do in Pages that I can't do in AW. YET.

Anne