While I agree that with the iLife '06 update, iPhoto became a MUCH
better program, it still is lacking in one area IMO.
keywords. Using keywords is a pain in iPhoto, it has been since they
introduced them.
with that said, I really love the keyword feature in iPhoto, just not
the way that Apple implements them.

For my money (well, actually not since it's free) the Keyword
Assistant plug-in for iPhoto is the way to go.
http://homepage.mac.com/kenferry/software.html
It makes assigning (multiple) keywords to photos, individually or in
a group, very easy.

Unfortunately, the iPhoto 6 update broke KAs ability to create new
keywords. I'm such a fan of the plug in that I hadn't bothered to tag
all of the photos that I'd imported since installing iLife 06.

Luckily, the author is working on releasing a new 1.9 version that
works with iPhoto 6. (I already have the testers build installed, and
it works like a charm. No bugs that I've found so far). So that
should be out very shortly.

Now if the GeeThree guys would just get out some updates for their
Slick iMovie plug-ins to make them iLife 06 friendly....

rick