On Jan 31, 2006, at 1:53 PM, Anne Cartwright wrote:

> If you are having trouble with Spotlight. If it doesn't seem to be
> working properly, you probably need to re-index it.
>
> Anne

Well, I just added an external drive to  my system, caught Spotlight
indexing it but didn't need or want that on the new drive, and so,
wanted to stop the process and clear the log file.  Lee's referenced
"The X Lab" articles about the appropriate Unix (Spotlight) commands
did the trick.

Thanks though,
Russ Preston