Stuart,

I belong to a Yahoo chat list group loosely affiliated with my church.
It is common for Yahoo to send mail in the wrong chronological order,
or not at all. I was reluctant to join a Yahoo group in the first
place... I think it's asking for trouble. (But I joined it after much
pleading from a couple of the members.) It is of questionable value, to
say the least, both by nature of the server's shortcomings, and by
nature of the trivia often sent through it. It is much more difficult
to leave a group, though, than to join it... I believe it's because one
feels that one may then miss the only post of value to come along in
"like, forever".

It is not a Yahoo vs. Mac issue, however... that much I can tell from
the same sort of complaints coming from those who use the evil Windows
products. It is strictly a Yahoo Groups mail problem. They just plain
screw it up!

In other words, the only surprise here is that you only recently had
this happen!

Mike