Thank you Schoun and Cathy for your suggestions. Looks like an unUnixy guy
like me is up against some serious hurdles here. I'm very attached to having
my own user account on the computer, and not much inclined to going back to
sharing my account, even with my beloved wife.

Schoun, I take some encouragement that "others are starting to ask for" more
sharing capability across accounts. I hope it quickly grows to a
groundswell...
Jim