I meant more, having a non-developer managing an open source project as a
domain-expert/customer, and having them forcibly going out to interest
developers.

Seems to happen rarely in open source. It's why the best open source
projects are ones that do something the developer wanted [ie they were the
domian-expert]. Referred to as scratching your own itch.

Hen