On 9/18/02 14:19, Robert M. Klein wrote

>Just for giggles, here?s an email I just received:
>
>Robert,
>
>We have discontinued support for our Mac product line.  If you have at least
>one Windows PC in your office you can use Timeslips on that computer and
>continue to use the Macs for data entry via our Timeslips eCenter service.
>You can visit www.timeslipsecenter.com <http://www.timeslipsecenter.com>
>for more information on this service.  I do not know of any other time and
>billing software packages for the Mac.  Please let me know if you have any
>other questions.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Perry
>Timeslips Sales Consultant
>
>I don?t have the thread in the group from a few months ago about time and
>billing programs for the Mac; it is essential that it be able to do the same
>tasks and import all of my Timeslips data (11 years worth!).  Any
>suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

You should tell them that if there are no other packages, they could have
a monopoly.

Anyways, I checked out timeslips last fall and found it way more complex
than any of the other timekeeping apps I'd ever used on the Mac, which
are:

Multitimer Pro
TimeSlice
Project Timer
Time Track X

I don't know the state of Linux time-tracking software, but perhaps there
is something out there that could be ported to Mac OS X.

Bill

The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will be September 24
For more information, see <http://www.aye.net/~lcs>. A calendar of
activities is at <http://www.calsnet.net/macusers>.