Hen, thanks, what you say concurrs exactly with my thoughts on how this
would have to work. My big problem is that I only have these ideas
intellectually, but have no practical knowledge as to what tools you
neeed to bring about what you are planning.  I already get lost when I
have to figure out drivers and connections and have hardly any idea
when I look at a plug, what type it is and how it affects the
connections. However, my constant listening to the group's elaberations
has brought me insights i never dreamt of.  thanks.
Marta