Hello Linda,

Try this quick print test:

Open your PS file in Preview (just drag and drop onto the Preview
icon in the dock, it will open then in Preview). Uh, if you have
multiple layers in your PS file flatten the thing, and save it to a
temp PS file and use that one.

Print using the standard Preview high quality print options (best
paper, 1440 dpi or more, etc.)

If it looks good doing this your problem is  with the profile that is
set up in PhotoShop (but that will take more than just this quick
test to correct). Let us know how this turns out then one of us can
take it from there!

                        Jerry

On Feb 1, 2006, at 9:49 PM, Linda J Hill wrote:

> I have an all-in-one HP psc photo smart printer.  When I print from
> my Mac (Tiger  10.4.4) it tells me >> Since Post Script specific
> settings (Emulsion, Interpolation, Calibration, Encoding) will be
> ignored as you are printing to a non-postscript printer<<  The
> pictures turn out grainy & blurry.  Using the Win XP version of the
> HP software from my Win XP computer prints the photos beautifully.
> I use Adobe Photoshop for most of my photos.  For a long time I
> thought something was wrong with my digital camera.  Any ideas how
> to work around this?
>
> -- Linda
>
> PS:  I?m really impressed with how active this group is.  Thanks
> for all of the great ideas.

Someday, I will come up with a clever signature line. I am not sure
if I will use it or not, but I will come up with one. In the mean
time this next one will have to do:

Warning! Wearing a T-shirt to a SOTU speech can be hazardous to your
freedom!