Thanks a bunch Jerry.  What a difference!  So Photoshop needs some tweaking.
As much as I use Photoshop, I?ve never understood how to set up the correct
profile.  Everything worked just fine until I upgraded to CS.

-- Linda

Hello Linda,

Try this quick print test:

Open your PS file in Preview (just drag and drop onto the Preview icon in
the dock, it will open then in Preview). Uh, if you have multiple layers in
your PS file flatten the thing, and save it to a temp PS file and use that
one.

Print using the standard Preview high quality print options (best paper,
1440 dpi or more, etc.)

If it looks good doing this your problem is? with the profile that is set up
in PhotoShop (but that will take more than just this quick test to correct).
Let us know how this turns out then one of us can take it from there!

Jerry