Wow...

You know, I've been using a Mac for over 20 years now with great
success. In fact, I have been able to accomplish everything I have
needed to do with the single button mouse that came with the Mac. It has
only been in the last few months that I began using a multi-button
mouse, and only then because it came with the Mac I bought.

And you know what? I've never been held back because my mouse only had
one button. I've never been late for a deadline because I didn't have a
scroll wheel. I've never left a project unfinished because I didn't have
a right-click button. And I have never found myself in a
"cranial/rectal" dilemma because Apple never found it necessary to move
to a multi-button pointing device.

My response to the announcement? Big deal.

rob