On Aug 12, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Rex Baldazo recalled:

> I thought Apple wasn't planning on an Intel-based laptop until 2007,
> which would mean over a year without any new PowerBook models.  That
> can't be right, I hope.

If you look at Apple's June 6 press release [1], you'll see

"At its Worldwide Developer Conference today, Apple? announced plans
to deliver models of its Macintosh? computers using Intel?
microprocessors by this time next year, and to transition all of its
Macs to using Intel microprocessors by the end of 2007."

The main reason for Apple to switch was the Powerbooks, so it stands
to reason they'll be the first Mactel machines.