Thanks, Alex, this was my conclusion , too. I think I sync one on my
iMac and the other with my PB. Thus far I have been doing well with
beaming the entries from my Zire 71 to my husband's.This works ok,we
don't have many appts other than doctors' and lunches,  yet, I am
always trying to enlarge my brain horizon.
On Feb 6, 2004, at 15:39, Alex W. wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2004, at 12:38 PM, Marta Edie wrote:
>
>>  ( there must be an issue here, because even David Pogue warned in
>> his Missing Manual for Panther , not to put more than one device on
>> one computer) .At the moment I  let the issue rest until I get my
>> settings on the palm right after having entered the great world of
>> Panther.
>
> What happens if you sync one Palm exclusively with your laptop, and
> the other Palm exclusively with your desktop, and then sync the two
> Macs via your .mac account, and then sync each Palm again with its own
> Mac?
>
> That's not ideal, of course (very time consuming), but it might at
> least get all the data into all the places it needs to be.
>
>>  - I shall report when I find out. I suppose only a person like me
>> would  have two identical devices and would want to put them  under
>> the same user name !
>> Marta
>
> I think your needs are reasonable. Surely there are many couples who
> each have a handheld and who need to synchronize their calendars with
> one or more computers.
>

> | The next meeting of the Louisville Computer Society will
> | be February 24. The LCS Web page is <http://www.kymac.org>.
> | This list's page is <http://erdos.math.louisville.edu/macgroup>.

Marta