From: macgroup-boun...@erdos.math.louisville.edu
[mailto:macgroup-boun...@erdos.math.louisville.edu] On Behalf Of Profile
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:52 PM
To: Topics related to Apple and Macintosh computers
Subject: [MacGroup] AT&T vs Verizon

Just back from a lengthly vacation, drove 6,000 miles and got within
50 miles of Oregon.  Went through many states, in canyons and on
mountain tops.  All in all my iPhone with AT&T and my wife's phone on
Verizon were head to head.

There were times she had to use my phone to text or call because the
Verizon had no bars, then it would be her turn and the AT&T was dead.
This was a total toss up and I am not being bias, wish I could say
that AT&T knocked the socks off Verizon but they were identical and
there were many places neither worked.

Food for thought for I always hear that AT&T doesn't have near the
network but on this trip it wasn't so.

Also, the "high speed" in most hotels was not a great deal faster than
dial-up, I imagine they are satellite fed.    Only in the largest of
cities was there 3g network, even the basic network was lacking in
many places So glad to get back to civilization, I have gotten used to
all this technology and I don't like losing it.

John