@Alex: Thank you, Alex. I certainly knew you were one of the people on the list that knew him. He always liked you and mentioned you several times over the years!

@Harry: Thank you, Harry. Kindness always appreciated.

@Marta: Thank you, Marta. I am not at all sure about that. I know he went to UK for a couple of years as a student but I think he did work for UL for a couple of years. He was indeed quite a programmer. (I know he worked on UL's old DecSystem-10 mini/mainframe for awhile). As an aside, your reminiscences are always appreciated!

He used to come to the group meetings sparingly many years ago. He knew quite a few people on this list at one time or another, some who have also departed. I know he was also very fond of David Orr, Michael Boggs, and Bob Redmon, to name a few names. We did many consulting projects together over the years. In the last few years he had worked as a consultant (contractor) for Cricket Communications (the cellphone company). His health had not been very good and I am afraid it simply caught up with him. One of his favorite sayings was "it's worth about a $1.98 and two cheerios boxtops"!

- Ken